Location – Lambeth
Salary - £28000 – £39000 (+ TLR 2A)
Start – April 2018
Ofsted – Outstanding
Horizon Teachers are currently working with an outstanding all-girls school in Lambeth who are looking to recruit a qualified Science Teacher with experience or looking to take the next step in their as a Second in Department.
Awarded ‘outstanding’ in their most recent Ofsted, it was stated that ‘The work of this outstanding school is underpinned by an atmosphere of high expectations and care for the individual. All students make the same fast progress irrespective of their starting points or background. Teaching is outstanding because teachers know students extremely well and personalise learning to individuals’ needs and abilities. Behaviour is outstanding and students work very conscientiously in lessons. Students from all backgrounds get along extremely harmoniously.’
The school are looking for someone who is looking for career progression and either has previous experience or is looking gain experience as a Second in Department for Science. You would be required to teach Science to KS4. They require their teachers to focus heavily on increasing attainment throughout KS3 so that by the time they go into Year 10, they are pushing themselves to achieve high GCSE results.
- To contribute to raising standards of student achievement by teaching a timetable of lessons and supporting the subject leader in the achievement of the whole school and department goals as stated in the Science departments development plan
- To co-ordinate a key stage within the Science department and monitor pupil progress
- To teach a variety of methods which will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and the needs of the students
- To assess, record and report on the attainment, attendance and progress of students keeping such records as are required
- To prepare and update subject materials, including schemes of work
- To support the Head of Science in carrying out performance management reviews under the direction of the Head Teacher
- To deputise for the Head of Science at internal and external meetings when necessary
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic development plan
- To prepare and plan courses and lessons
- Develop and oversee extra-curricular Science activities
- To participate in the school’s staff development (CPD) programme
- To engage actively with the school’s performance management programme
- To work as a member of the team, positively contributing to effective working relations within the school
You must be able to demonstrate:
- An ability and willingness to support the ethos of the school
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- A high level of ICT literacy
- The ability to demonstrate effective leadership and management skills
- At least two years teaching experience
- Qualifications to degree level and relevant teaching qualifications
- An excellent record of punctuality and attendance
- Willingness to take First Aid training
This full time role is to start in April and will be for at least one year. Interviews to take place immediately.
If you would like more information on this or any other positions we are currently recruiting for, please apply immediately with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon