As a teaching assistant, your work will have far-reaching effects as you will not only be making a difference to the lives of students, but to the school itself and its surrounding community.
Training as a teaching assistant opens many avenues for career progression within the education sector.
No two days are the same for a teaching assistant. Some days you could be assisting with lesson preparation, whilst others are spent providing 1:1 support to a child with specific needs.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• For Teaching Assistants, we e offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
Horizon Teachers are recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work at a school in Wandsworth starting in September. The school is a Special School for children and young people with Complex Needs and Speech and Language Difficulties aged 4 to 19 years.
The school are seeking someone with:
• Experience of working in a school for children with severe learning difficulties.
• Experience in a mixed class of children with severe learning difficulties,
• Experience with students/adults with physical difficulty and autism.
• The ability to take the initiative and engage with children to support them in their work and play.
• The confidence to make observations of their learning and to be involved in personal care.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.