Position: Teaching Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Are you an ambitious recent graduate looking to launch your career in secondary education?
Or are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking the next step in your career?
We are looking for an ambitious recent graduate to join a popular Secondary school in Lewisham as a full-time Teaching Assistant. The position is to start immediately for the next academic year. The role is provide learning support to students with additional needs in and outside of class.
The school has a vibrant learning community, modern facilities as well an enjoyable environment to work in. Support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. The students in the school are polite, courteous and achieve well.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your teacher training applications. This is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
As you a Teaching Assistant you will:
• Have a degree (ideally a 2:1 or above) and/or relevant experience
• Provide learning support to students in and out of class
• Provide in class support to teachers
• Have a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoy working with young people
The benefits or working with Horizon Teachers:
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
To find out more about this role, please immediately with an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009. The school want to arrange interviews for as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.