- Teaching Assistant (Humanities Department)
- South London
- OFSTED outstanding rated school
- Long-term role with immediate start
- £60- 80 per day
Are you a graduate with a humanities degree (English, Geography, History, R.E, Psychology etc.)?
Are you looking for a new challenge in a role that has the potential to be exceptionally rewarding?
Have you just graduated and are you looking for the first step to becoming a teacher?
We are currently seeking a graduate, ideally with a humanities degree, to join an OFSTED rated outstanding school as a full-time, long-term Teaching Assistant. This is a warm and welcoming school that values its staff highly and they are keen to hire as soon as possible. The humanities department itself performs well above the national average. The role is ideal for those that have a keen interest in working in a secondary school as a teaching assistant and for those looking to gain valuable experience. This could be your first step in a school to becoming a teacher.
The role will require you to:
- Work with children in their educational and social development.
- Assist children that need additional support on a one-to-one basis.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and admin work of the teacher.
- Supervise group activities.
- Put away materials and equipment used in lessons.
- Take part in training if required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a graduate, ideally with a humanities degree.
- Be enthusiastic about working with children and teachers.
- Be compassionate to the needs and requirements of children and teachers.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon