Position: Teaching Assistant - Autism 1:1
Start Date: 20th April 2020
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Long-term temporary
Horizon Teachers are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with an older student that has autism. We are looking for either an experienced Teaching Assistant or Graduate that has experience supporting students who have autism. The role for this rest of this academic year initially with a view to staying on the following academic year as well. As well as working 1:1 with a student, you will also be required to provide learning support other students with special and additional needs inside and outside of the classroom.
Horizon Teachers are working in partnership with a progressive secondary school in Lambeth, South London. The school provides an exceptional learning experience for its students and support for those with SEN and additional needs. Students and staff in the school are valued, cared for and respected. Support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. In-school experience is not essential, however experience of working with children with autism is. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of dedicated, friendly and passionate learning support staff.
If you're a graduate thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your teacher training applications. This is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Competitive pay rates
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• In-school experience and a high-level of support and training that will support all teacher training applications
• Opportunity to get a place on salaried teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant that has:
• A degree (2:2 and above)
• A friendly, proactive and enthusiastic attitude to work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Relevant experience with autism and enjoys working with children (e.g. in school, tutoring etc.)
To apply and find out more about the role, please submit an up to date CV immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.