Position: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
School: Secondary 11-18
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Have you recently graduated from university with a 2:1 degree? Are you looking to gain experience in secondary education?
Horizon Teachers are looking for an ambitious recent graduate to join a popular Secondary school in Lambeth as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. The position is to start as soon as possible for the rest of this academic year initially. As a Graduate Teaching Assistant your key role will be to provide learning support to students with additional and special needs both inside and outside of the classroom.
We are working with an outstanding school that has a strong reputation in the local community. You will be joining a vibrant learning community with excellent modern facilities. Support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. Staff in the school are valued, respected and well looked after.
The role is ideal for building in school experience, whilst also learning and receiving training from other members of staff. If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE/teacher training applications. It has an exceptional teacher training programme for the right individual.
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant that:
• Has a degree (minimum 2:2)
• Has strong oral and written communication skills.
• Is enthusiastic, positive and works with a pro-active can-do' attitude
• Has experience of working with children (in a school, tutoring, mentoring etc.)
• Enjoys working with children
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Competitive pay rates
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.