Location - Southwark
Salary - £70 - £100 per day
Start - March 2018
Ofsted - Good (July 2017)
Horizon Teachers are looking for a passionate and motivated Cover Supervisor to join a very successful Academy in Southwark.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an Academy where you will be able to develop your skills that can be used in a future teaching career and engage with, motivate and make a difference to student’s achievement.
Graded ‘good’ in their most recent Ofsted, it was stated that ‘The Senior Leadership Team have worked effectively to drive improvements in the standard of education provided in the school. The inclusion of all pupils is at the core of the schools plans. Pupils behaviour and conduct are a strength of the school - the culture and ethos of the school encourages a sense of community with appropriate systems that pupils value. This encourages positive attitudes to learning and is reflected in the well-maintained and respected school environment.’
This Academy are looking for a Cover Supervisor to join their team from March. There is the opportunity for a permanent contract to be offered for the right candidates.
Cover Supervisor Job Purpose:
- To supervise whole classes in the absence of the class teacher
- To respond to pupils’ general enquiries and provide feedback to the teacher
- To work under the professional guidance of teachers and/or members of the Senior Leadership Team
- To act as an examination invigilator and provide administrative support for the Academy when required
Cover Supervisor Key Accountabilities:
- Supervise students engaged in learning activities
- Act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct and behaviour
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
- Keep students on task and respond to general enquiries
- Promote positive values, attitudes and students behaviours
- Ensure that all learning designed for the group is completed
- Provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher on the learning outcomes and learning climate of the sessions covered
- Be aware of and support different student needs and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
The School requires a Cover Supervisor who has/can:
- The ability to relate well to young people
- Deal calmly with different situations as they arise
- The ability to work constructively and flexibly as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities
- Evidence of good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate and to effectively manage groups of people in large numbers and individually
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
If you can demonstrate the above qualities and would like to find out more about this position please apply with your CV and References ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon