Ofsted ‘Good’ School
September 2018 start
MPS/UPS (inner London)
Horizon Teachers are currently working with a Good' Secondary school in the London borough of Greenwich, Who are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Psychology/Sociology Teacher. The school caters for pupils from 11-18 years, with Psychology and Sociology being taught at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
This is a permanent role starting in the new academic year, September 2018.
The Secondary school aims to be seen by the local community as a vibrant hub of learning and development, The students there are encouraged to develop a strong pride about the school while growing and developing throughout the 7 years spent with them, their rich and exciting curriculum stimulates their interests and offers a broad education for all, They want their students to be the very best that they can be and encourage this by providing a rich and deep education such that every student is able to make excellent progress whatever their starting point may be.
Within the Social Science Department, there is a drive towards enabling pupils to understand the real-world applications of the theories and concepts studied in lessons, as well as on building critical thinking and reflectiveness.
What does this role offer you?
• Classroom teaching of Psychology/Sociology at KS4 & KS5
• Responsibility for the pastoral wellbeing of a Form Group, as their Form Tutor
• Opportunity to become involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
• Ongoing support from Senior Management and CPD opportunities throughout the year
What characteristics do you need to be successful in this role?
• QTS (NQT be be considered)
• Relevant DBS
• Enthusiasm about the subject you teach
• Passionate about education and improving the lives of young people
• Experience of / understanding of supporting the learning of pupils with SEN
If you want to be a part of a school that is striving to excel in all areas, and provide a high quality education to all of its pupils, then apply today.
You can call Tom on 0207 444 0009; click to apply; or send through your CV to Tom@horizonteachers.co.uk
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
- Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon -
No jobs found