Horizon Teachers are working with an ambitious 11-16 school in Lewisham, who are seeking to appoint a talented Teacher of Business/Economics for a long term role in September 2018.
Situated a short journey from London by train, and close to local nature parks, the school is easily accessible from Catford and Catford Bridge stations.
Housed in a modern building, the school has excellent facilities, such as purpose built Arts, Dance/Drama & Music studios, 6 ICT suites which includes an iMac suite, as well as a full size Astro Turf and 2 indoor sports halls. It is no surprise that the school holds specialist Arts College Status.
The schools' GSCE results (A*-C / 9-1) have improved by 14% since 2015, a testament to the commitment of all staff at the school to ensuring its pupils can reach their full potential.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status
• Have a Degree in Business / Economics
• Be confident in classroom and behaviour management
• Have a sense of humour and a positive outlook
• Have experience of teaching Business and Economics up to KS4
• Be dedicated, hardworking and committed to striving for educational excellence for all students
• Be able to design engaging lessons that spark pupils' curiosity in your subject
This benefits of working at this school include:
• Coaching and Support
• Subject forums to build your subject knowledge
• Childcare vouchers / season ticket loan / computer loan scheme
• A network of support within the federation of schools
If you are an enthusiastic and experienced UK trained teacher, Oversees Trained Teacher with QTS, or NQT from the UK or oversees, we would like to hear from you.
Call the Secondary Team today on 0207 444 0009, click to apply or send your CV via email.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.