Are you looking to working in an innovative ASD school, with high expectations, and a commitment to every child?
Do you need the flexibility to work around your commitments at home?
This special school in Lewisham provides high quality education provision for pupils with autism, aged 3-19. The school delivers a dynamic service, offering advice and support on autism to parents, businesses, and the local community, through dedicated outreach work. Moving in to a purpose built facility in 2012, the school offers excellent amenities, such as outdoor fitness equipment, a sports hall, a drama and fitness area, and two sensory rooms. This part time role provides the opportunity for you to make a significant contribution to the wellbeing and development of a Year 7 class, whilst allowing you the flexibility to work around your own commitments.
What the role offers:
• Part time teaching
• Year 7 class
• 8 children
• High level of TA support
What you will need to be successful at this school:
• Valid QTS or overseas teaching qualification
• DBS- we can support you with your application
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A good understanding of Autistic Spectrum Disorder and additional needs
• A commitment to personalised learning
• A belief in reflective practice
As a teacher here you can expect:
• Small class sizes and high levels of support in the classroom
• A well-resourced environment, with purpose built facilities
• The opportunity to participate in outreach workshops in the community
• Supportive and knowledgeable colleagues
It is important that you are able to commit to staying until the end of the school year as the class require a consistent approach; they struggle with change. If you are looking for a rewarding role, which will enhance your teaching experience, and allow you to support students with additional needs, then we want to hear from you!
To apply please click below or call 0207 444 0009 and ask to speak to the SEN Team at Horizon Teachers to find out more.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.