Horizon Teachers are currently working with an SEN Primary school based in Greenwich. The school are looking for SEND Teaching Assistants to join their dedicated team on a long-term basis to work 1:1 with once of their pupils, starting after February half-term until the end of the academic year.
The school educates pupils with Autism spectrum disorder and complex moderate learning difficulties. They encourage pupils to reflect on their actions, giving them the social and emotional support needed to make changes. They also work in partnership with parents and carers, professional colleagues, and pupils so that each pupil can achieve their best.
As the students at this school have complex learning difficulties, it would be very desirable if you have previous experience working within a similar setting or supporting children with Special Educational Needs. This will be a very rewarding role for the right person and will pay up to £500 per week.
What the school can offer to a SEND Teaching Assistant:
- A very supportive team and environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Ability to work alongside therapists/councillors
Why Horizon Teachers?
- We have a 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped.
- Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
- We have been supporting schools for 12 years.
- Easy registration process via online link and a video consultation
- Free certified safeguarding training for all support staff once registered with Horizon Teachers
One of the best agencies in London. Horizon got me working in a school within 5 days of registering. The staff are all super helpful and committed to finding the right school for you. - 5 Star google review
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.