Horizon Teachers are looking for an experienced Behaviour Mentor to work in a Pupil Referral Unit based in Croydon. This is a long-term role to start from October 2019.
Why choose Horizon?
• Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• In-depth free induction session in our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
The school caters for children from year 7 up to year 11 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties and challenging behaviour. Opportunities for academic, sporting, vocational and social growth are offered throughout the school and are at the centre of a vibrant, multi-agency network that offers solutions and support to the pupils, their families and the communities they live in.
Benefits of working with Special Needs include
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEN points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
Learning Support Assistants Responsibilities:
• Supporting a mixed class of students aged 12 -16 (KS3 & KS4).
• Carrying out behaviour management in line with the school's policies and procedures
• Supporting pupils inside and outside the classroom.
• Accompanying and supporting students with their academic and personal development.
• Being proactive in the class to ensure your learning support is tailored to each child's individual need.
For more information please do not hesitate to call Dave on the SEND team - SEN/SUP
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.