Position: Science Teacher
Start Date: May 2020
Age range: Key Stage 3, 4 & 5
Type: 11-19 rated Outstanding by Ofsted
Salary: £140- £250 per day
Contract Type: Long-term temporary
Horizon Teachers have an incredible opportunity for an committed, enthusiastic and ambitious Science teacher to join an Outstanding school in Lewisham. You will be joining a very strong, cohesive and successful team of teachers who enjoy working together to develop a love of learning. The school delivers GCSE Science taught by subject specialist. A levels offered are Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The Science Department also offer a range of extracurricular activities. The ability to teach Biology across all key stages would be an advantage, but applicants from other disciplines are welcome.
We are working with an Outstanding 11-19 school that has been awarded its three consecutive OFSTED Outstanding ratings. The school is committed to staff wellbeing and offers a comprehensive coaching programme for all staff.
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Competitive pay rates
• A team of specialist education consultants with several years of experience and including many ex-teachers
• A 4.7* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague
We are looking for the following Science Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.