Position: English Teacher
Start Date: January 2020
Age range: Key Stage 3 and 4
Type: Mixed 11-16
Salary: £140- £250 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Are you an inspirational classroom practitioner looking to join a school on its journey to outstanding in Lewisham?
Horizon Teachers are looking for an English Teacher to join a school in Lewisham long-term from January 2020. We are looking for a teacher that has experience in teaching the English curriculum across Key Stages 3/4. This position is open to teachers looking for part-time.
This school we are working in partnership with is a heavily oversubscribed large 11-16 comprehensive located in inner South East London. The English Faculty offers English Language and English Literature, and is one of the most consistently successful departments in the school. The school offers state-of-the-art facilities having moved into a new building recently.
We are looking for the following English Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• A team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialists
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To find out more about this role, please apply ASAP with an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.