Exam Invigilators - Summer Exam Season
Flexible shifts available
£9.20 - £13 per hour
Secondary School Exam work
- Are you looking for flexible work in secondary schools?
- Do you want to be part of a team and work in some outstanding schools?
- Are you an exam invigilator who is looking for flexible part time work?
- Are you graduating this summer and looking for some work ASAP?
Horizon teacher is currently working with a number of well-known Secondary schools in South London who are in need of exam staff for the summer Exams. We are looking for Exam Invigilators to work covering the Summer Exam Season for 2020. You will be supervising Exams in a Secondary School environment for both Mock exams and the summer Public exams.
The role will be ideal for someone who is looking for extra days work or for someone who is looking for some more experience within schools. The role would also suit students completing their studies and looking for a role in the summer.
You may be required to provide one-to-one or small group based assistance, this will include providing written support from the pupil's dictation only, or verbal dictation of examination questions, or pupils written answers only.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of secondary level education exams, disturbing and collecting papers, escorting pupils if required and ensuring that pupils are adhering to the examination standard guidelines at all times.
To be successful in your application you must have the following;
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Good attention to detail
• Experience of working in a school (desired)
• Positive can do attitude
Your daily duties will consist of the following;
• Maintaining a calm exam environment
• Ensuring the examination is conducted according to guidelines set out by JCQ
• Reporting on any unexpected events during the course of an examination
• Invigilating external examination according to an agreed timetable
• Reporting to the examination office 30 minutes before the exam is due to start
• Marking against registers as required
• Checking exam desks for graffiti and removing where possible, any unused exam papers and answer booklets must be returned to the exams manager
• Liaising with the examinations manager
• Placing pupils' work in examination number order, checking against the attendance register and handing to the exams manager.
This opportunity is open for people who are available immediately and have flexible availability to cover exams as needed.
If this sounds of interest to yourself and you can see yourself making a positive difference then please apply with an updated copy of your CV. All potential Exam Invigilators will be provided with full training.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.