The feeling of making someone feel included is amazing. Currently 45 000 deaf students in England are being left behind by mainstream education, and school like the one Horizon Teachers are working with are trying to close the gap.
The specialist SEND school educating hearing impaired pupils in South East London are seeking a Communication Support Worker to join their forward thinking team in supporting pupils with hearing impairments.
Are you that person?
Why work with Horizon Teachers?
• Education specialist consultants, many ex teachers themselves, with over a decade worth of industry experience.
• A 4.7* rating on Google! Meaning we are highly trusted by the staff we have helped.
• Competitive pay rates
• Comprehensive induction programs at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
The School are looking to appoint an experienced Communication Support Worker with or working towards BSL (British Sign Language) level 2 and above to work primarily with students using BSL in order to access a Secondary Curriculum. In order to be successful, you will need:
• BSL Qualification Level 2 minimum or relevant signing experience
• A minimum qualification of grade C in English and Maths at GCSE level
• Previous experience of supporting pupils with Special Education Needs, desirable
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.