Cover supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining teachers' non-contact periods. They have now become a permanent role in most Secondary Schools, covering an absent teacher for reasons that include sickness, timetabled non-contact time and time off for courses.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but it is also demanding. The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
What's on offer:
§Local work and regular schools across London
§Working with a diverse number of students
§No planning or marking
§Be the head of the class, which is great if you are thinking about becoming a teacher
§Flexibility, work when YOU want to work!
Role and Responsibilities
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
§covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
§supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
§ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
§managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
§responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
§dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
§collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
§reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
How would it be to work as a Cover Supervisor:
Cover supervisors on the teaching forums say Every day is different. I also work with behaviour when I'm not covering so it's always a busy, diverse day for me. A CS is respected in my school and teachers need those people that can step in when they are away.
Why would you want to work with us at Horizon Teachers?
• We offer both PAYE and Payroll Company pay solution and we will uplift your pay rate to pay you the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks in the role.
• A team of specialist education consultants with many years of experience and including many ex-teachers.
• We will work with your existing Payroll Company upon request.
• Earn up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals.
• We are one of the highest rated agencies with 4.8* Google rating from teachers, support staff and schools we have helped.
• We are committed to your safety. We are conducting video consultations at this time in order to protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers and teaching support staff.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.