Horizon Teachers are currently working with a Good' Secondary school in Islington, seeking to appoint a Business Teacher. The school caters for pupils from 11-18 years, with Business being taught at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. This is a permanent role starting in the new academic year, September 2018.
The Secondary school aims to be seen by the local community as a vibrant hub of learning and development. Likewise, the Sixth Form offers a friendly & supportive learning environment, where all are encouraged to have high academic aspirations and strong self-discipline.
Within the Business and Economics Department, there is a drive towards enabling pupils to understand the real-world applications of the theories and concepts studied in lessons, as well as on building critical thinking and reflectiveness.
What does this role offer you?
• Classroom teaching of Business Studies at KS4 & KS5
• Responsibility for the pastoral wellbeing of a Form Group, as their Form Tutor
• Opportunity to become involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
• Ongoing support from Senior Management and CPD opportunities throughout the year
What characteristics do you need to be successful in this role?
• Relevant DBS (on the Update Service ideally, but not essential)
• Educated to Degree level in Business or a related discipline
• Passionate about education and improving the lives of young people
• Experience of / understanding of supporting the learning of pupils with SEN
If you want to be a part of a school that is striving to excel in all areas, and provide a high quality education to all of its pupils, then apply today.
You can call the Secondary Team on 0207 444 0009; click to apply; or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.