We are looking for an experienced KS2 Teacher, to work at a Primary School in Islington.
The position will be based within the Year 5 class. The class will immensely benefit from a Teacher who is able to spend the time building a strong relationship with them. They respond very well to a nurturing and caring approach, rather than strict discipline.
The current Class Teacher has had a great term with them. She will be leaving part way through the spring term, as she is going overseas. There will be the opportunity to have a long handover with the current Class Teacher, meaning that the transition will be lovely and smooth.
There is an excellent TA in the class, who has been with the school for many years and knows the children very well. You will have excellent support from the TA and from the approachable leadership team.
What the school can offer you:
• A tight knit staff team who work well together and offer lots of support
• Supportive and approachable leadership team
• An open and honest environment where staff are encouraged to share ideas to make changes and improvements to school life
• A track record of providing excellent training and development opportunities
• An easy commute with the school being based very centrally, within Islington
The Headteacher is open to applications from outstanding NQTs and experienced Teachers.
As the current Class Teacher is not leaving until part way through the spring term, the school are open to applications from Teachers who are not able to start until mid-January.
The ideal Year 5 Teacher for this role will be:
• A strong NQT, or an experienced Class Teacher
• Experience of teaching the KS2 curriculum (via placements or previous roles)
• A calm and nurturing approach to behaviour management
• A good team player
• High expectations of children and a desire to support them to succeed
Initially, you will start on a temporary basis, but a permanent contract will be considered later in the academic year. You will be paid to scale for this position, up to £227.60 per day (equivalent to M6 inner London).
Submit your CV online today, or contact Louise at Horizon Teachers to be considered for this opportunity.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.