A specialist Complex Needs School based in North West London are seeking Learning Support Assistants to work on a part time during term time only. The specialist school caters for children aged 3 to 19 years of age with a statement of Special Education Needs (SEN). The school are looking for flexible staff who can work either on a daily basis and/or short term (i.e. weekly/two weekly).
The main aim of the school is to equip pupils with life skills in order for them to achieve their potential and develop the greatest degree of independence in communication, social competence, thinking and learning and sensory regulation as far as possible for each person.
The school's facilities are funded well and have a range of sensory and well-equipped large classrooms. Lessons are planned and communicated well between class teachers and Learning Support Assistants are well-resourced. There are therapists and sports coaches who work with the pupils on a regular basis encouraging a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
As a Learning Support Assistant joining the school you can expect:
• Smaller class sizes (no more than 10 to a class)
• On the job support
• To work on a 1:1 capacity with pupils
• Training and development opportunities
• Work alongside therapists/councilors
The head of school is looking for a Learning Support Assistant who will:
• Have experience/interest of working with children/young people in some capacity
• SEN experience including SLD (severe learning difficulties) and PMLD (pro-found multiple learning difficulties) - Desirable
• Be willing to learn and develop their knowledge and skills
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be positive and enjoy a challenge
• Has a DBS (we can support with your application)
We are looking to hear from you if you are seeking a change of career, would like to gain SEN experience or thinking of a career in teaching, nonetheless, this is a great way of building on your skills and experience in a variety of settings in addition to mainstream schools.
To apply; send your CV or call and ask to speak with the SEN Team. The school are trialling candidates now so please do not hesitate to get in touch for an immediate interview and trial.