Working with student 16 -18 years of age
Long term to permanent role
I am currently working with a great Sixth Form College located in Waltham Forest seeking to appoint a Learning Mentor to start as soon as possible.
Please read the job description below carefully and if this sounds like something you would be interested in then please send your CV urgently.
• To identify students in curriculum pathways who are at risk of not achieving their Study Programme.
• To understand individual needs and preferences of students, to select and adapt tasks, resources and learning activities leading to positive engagement with students.
• To encourage, motivate and support student independence and self-determination through effective mentoring techniques.
• To develop effective use by students of non-teaching spaces across the campus.
• To identify, monitor and review SMART targets with students to support their Study Programme achievement. This includes evident improvements in attendance, punctuality, assignment completion, interpersonal and study skills.
• To supporting retention and achievement through the provision of student support services and communicate relevant information to appropriate staff and external agencies.
• To work collaboratively with Additional Learning Support (ASL), College Counsellor, Welfare Officer and Progress Coaches to ensure students receive the targeted support required.
• To act as a Designated Safeguarding Officer and perform relevant duties as directed by the Welfare Manager.
• To carry out initial and diagnostic assessment of students to inform planning.
• To provide timely, relevant and accurate updates in relation to student progress.
• To deliver individualised and group programmes tailored to students based on their specific needs. This also includes the delivery of relevant enrichment activity.
For further information don't hesitate to call Horizon Teachers on 0207 444 0009
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.