• Full Time
• Long Term/Permeant
• Start Date: 20th January 2020
• Salary : Inner London SEN Allowance (negotiable for the right candidate)
• Borough: Lewisham
• Key Stage 2 - ASD/EBD
Are you passionate about working with Special Educational Needs?
Are you a forward thinking and devoted teacher?
A Primary School in Lewisham are currently looking for a Key Stage 2 Teacher to start in January 2020, the position is full time and continuing on until July 2020, the position will then go permanent for the right person. The position is based in the brand new ARP attached to the mainstream primary school, the provision caters for primary aged children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and Emotional Behavioural difficulties. The school is extremely supportive and has great training and development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To deliver the Key stage 2 National Curriculum to a range of needs and abilities, the class has 12 children ranging from year 3 to 6.
• Treat pupils with dignity, and provide a safe, positive and stimulating environment in which pupils feel encouraged to learn.
• Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons, as well as using a wide variety of strategies to meet differing learning styles.
• Manage the inclusion of the ARP children into mainstream lessons including providing verbal and written support plans for mainstream teachers and other support staff.
• Work as a part of a team with both teaching and support staff, manage the ARP support staff and participate in their performance reviews as required.
Too apply for this position you must have/be:
• Qualified teacher status or recognised equivalent
• Right to work in the UK
• A minimum of two successful years teaching (preferably with children who have identified special educational needs)
• Experience teaching/supporting children with autism
• Experience using Makaton and/or PECS
• Passionate about working with SEND!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found