A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
A Secondary Special Needs Schools for pupils with moderate, severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties based in Waltham Forest are seeking to appoint a number of specialist support staff for when the school reopen in September 2020. The pupils are challenged with a curriculum that enables and actively encourages them to be intendant and it is advised that during their time in education they contribute to their school and community,
The classes are mixed gender and small-scaled to allow as much focus on individual development as possible. They specifically cater for pupils who are at the higher ability of severe learning difficulties range and the lower end of the moderate learning difficulties range. Pupils with MLD are both verbal and Non-verbal. They are a unique school whose provision, both in the classroom and through therapy, is closely matched to the needs of different types of learners. Students have the potential to enhance existing levels of attainment, social learning and language skills.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• For Teaching Assistants, we offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
Benefits of working with Special Needs include;
• Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
• A warm and supporting working environment
• State of the art facilities and resources
• Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• SEN points added to your salary
• Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
• You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
• Improve your classroom and behaviour management
• Teach dynamic and creative lessons
The Schools is seeking individuals with a desire and passion to support vulnerable children who have experience working within a Special Education Needs setting. The perfect candidate would be required to support the class teacher and an existing TA with an emphasis on retaining students focus, development and achievement.
For more information please do not hesitate to call Tom on the SEND team at Horizon Teachers
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.