Are you a Learning Support Assistant seeking a new opportunity supporting young people with behavioural difficulties?
A two form entry Primary School have a position working across two of their Year 6 classes on a full time, long term basis.
Want to know more about the role?
• 1:1 support for young people in Year 6 with challenging behaviour
• Focusing on supporting the students with their classroom work and emotional development
• To act as a learning mentor and prepare the pupils for Secondary School
• Working directly with the classroom teacher and monitoring student progress
A bit more information about the school:
• A mainstream school with two sites for Key Stage 2 and EYFS/KS1
• Excellent resources and outdoor space for sporting activities
• Caters for an above average intake of students with SEN
• Provides excellent training workshops for all staff at the school
• Located in West Hampstead with excellent transport links both to and from the school
Are you the right person for this position?
• You will be comfortable supporting young people with behavioural needs
• Have experience working in a Primary School and preferably worked in Year 6
• You must be calm and collected
• Be able to support pupils both academically and emotionally
• Have a want to make a difference to a student's life
If you are interested in this position then apply now! To find out more about the position, school or for assistance on becoming a Teaching Assistant then call Reece on 0207 444 0009.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.