With Teacher training places limited and the best schools training their own teacher this is an excellent Opportunity to join one of the UKs top Secondary Schools.
Horizon Teachers is working with this Outstanding Secondary School in North West London who are looking to employ a Russell Group graduate to work within the school as an Unqualified English Teacher. The role is a permanent role to start ASAP.
The role of an Unqualified English Teacher is a great step into teaching. You will be playing a key part in progressing pupils in their learning of English. The school are looking for a recent graduate with a degree in English. This role is a permanent position with outstanding training on offer for you to progress to become a teacher with QTS in the future if desired. This is an outstanding role in an outstanding Secondary School. You will be working with some of the best students in London and will be able to pass on your knowledge to them.
• Unqualified Teacher working within the English department
• Supporting and teaching students in lessons as directed by the teachers.
• Working in class as well as with students in Small groups and on a one to one basis where needed.
• Teaching basic and advanced level subjects to students in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
• Enthusing students in all areas of your subject.
• Permanent position with an excellent salary starting at £22,200.
• Excellent training and development for all staff, continued professional development.
Why this school and department?
The school is an outstanding school with an excellent reputation in the local area and also across London and the UK. Results at the school are the highest in the borough and London. Within English pupils study for their GCSEs from Year 9. At A Level, English is one of the most popular choices with many pupils going on to study English or related courses at University. As a top performing department within the school and country, pupils excel at physics for A-level; in 2020, 90% of students achieved A*-C grade for A2 English and 96% of students achieved A-E for AS English. Overall across the school the A-Level pass rate stands at 100% and 65% of exams were awarded A*-B grades.
What the school are looking for;
• Russell group graduates.
• Motivated and dynamic individuals looking for a role where they can pass on their knowledge.
• Someone with the desire to progress in education and possibly become a teacher in the future.
In Return you will receive;
• An excellent starting salary of between £22,000 and £25,000
• A fixed term or permanent contract with the school
• Outstanding training from the school
• The potential to train as a teacher at the school in 2021 or sooner.
• A great professional working environment.
• Route into teaching through the schools training provider.
Please apply for this position now as the school would like to interview outstanding individuals ASAP via video message in the first instance.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.