Year Leader - Graduate position - September 2019 start - Progress to teaching in 2020
Outstanding Secondary School
£21,000 - £22,000 per annum
September 2019 start
Fixed term one year role.
North West London - Excellent Transport Links to central London
Excellent opportunities to train to teach in 2020.
Are you graduating in the summer of 2019 or did you graduate in Summer 2018?
Do you want to start a non teaching position in an Outstanding secondary school?
Do you have the ability to motivate students?
Do you want to progress to become a teacher in 2020?
Horizon Teachers is working with an Outstanding Secondary School located in North West London who are looking for Year Leaders to work in their pastoral team. The school wish to appoint Graduates who will be finishing University in 2019 or who finished in 2018. Individuals who will join and be able to work within the schools strong Pastoral Team and be working with Students on a day to day basis to ensure that all pupils progress in all of their school duties.
- Year Leader, working with up to 200 students.
- Working with Pupils on a day to day basis developing relationship
- Maintaining Professional relationships and devising strategies for pupil progress
- Support with training and progression into teaching.
- Fixed term contract for the year in the first instance but may lead to a permanent role in September 2020.
The school is looking for a driven recent Graduate with a strong academic background who can motivate and act as a role model to students. The Year Leader position involves coordinating students, tracking progress and delivering guidance to a whole year group. Working in a team is vital as you will be working in close partnership with other Year Leaders. You must be degree educated or graduating this summer, the school would be looking for graduates who are available to start in September 2019. The current year leaders at the school provide vital student support and are progressing into teacher training or further studies so the school now wishes to recruit.
The ideal individual for this role would be;
- Degree Educated at a Russell Group University.
- Graduating in 2019 or graduated in 2018.
- Passionate about Education and working with students in every Secondary School year.
- Be thinking about working as a teacher in the future or continuing to work in schools.
- Be an excellent communicator and be able to deliver prepared material to groups of students.
- Be available to interview ASAP.
The school is a large, outstanding High achieving school where achievement is at the highest level. Pupil attainment is amongst the highest in London and the School is one of the top non-selective school in London.
If you feel you have the attributes and skills for this role then please apply ASAP. In return the school will offer a great working environment, a strong starting salary and excellent opportunities for progression.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.