Do you thrive in an environment with high expectations, a strong sense of social responsibility and a commitment to improving the educational experience of young people?
Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding role supporting male pupils aged 14-16 on a 1:1 basis?
Do you have experience of working with challenging behaviour and building relationships with pupils to allow them to succeed?
This pupil referral unit close to Wembley provides young people with a small, nurturing and academically rigorous environment and the opportunity to earn qualifications to prepare them for the next stage of their lives. The college provides for up to 56 students aged 11 to 16, who have been permanently excluded from mainstream education, and aims to encourage all pupils to achieve their full potential. With a higher than average cohort of boys, as well as students with SEND, this role offers you the chance to support, encourage and provide stability for pupils who have previously had a disrupted education experience.
What the role offers:
• 1:1 support role, working with male pupils, based on the KS4 site
• Consistency; you will be assigned specific pupils to work with on a daily basis
• Maximum class sizes of 7 pupils
• A key role in helping students develop independence, integrity and self-belief
What you will need to be successful at this school:
• DBS- we can support you with your application
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A good understanding of additional needs and strategies in working with challenging behaviour
As a teaching assistant here you can expect:
• A supportive and consensus driven working environment
• The opportunity to develop your mentoring skills and build relationships with pupils
• Ongoing support from the Senior Leadership Team
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a committed and driven individual to support pupils striving to achieve qualifications that allow them to progress to higher education. If you have the ability to develop strong relationships with male pupils, to motivate and encourage them, and want to work in a compassionate and dedicated team, then we want to hear from you.
To apply please click above or call 0207 444 0009 and ask to speak to the SEN Team at Horizon Teachers to find out more.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.