Do you have the drive and ambition to lead the Psychology and Sociology department of a Large, thriving Secondary school in North West London?
Horizon Teachers is working with a fantastic school who wish to appoint a Head of Sociology/Psychology to lead their growing department. This role would be ideal for an enthusiastic and driven teacher, we would love to ear from teachers who are looking for their first step into middle leadership or experienced heads of department looking for a new challenge.
Within the school Psychology and Sociology are both popular subjects at A' level and show every sign of expanding further. The school are looking for a successful A' level teacher who is committed to developing further the popularity of these subjects through engaging and rigorous teaching and commitment to the highest standards. This is a great opportunity for a motivated teacher looking for career development and their next challenge.
Continuous staff development is key feature at the school. Each year they have a minimum of 10 training days, including moderation opportunities and weekly in school sessions of a high standard led by a wide variety of staff. For teachers applying for this role the school would be very supportive and would offer the following training in the future, NPQML, NPQSL and the Lead Practitioner courses.
The Ideal teacher for this role would:
• be an outstanding and passionate psychology/sociology teacher, able to deliver to A' level.
• be experienced in raising attainment.
• have proven experience working successfully with students of all abilities.
• be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject though schemes of work and extra-curricular activities.
• be committed to school's policy of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed.
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
What the school will offer:
• You will become part of a team developing a new Outstanding' all-through academy.
• You will have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
• You will be paid an Inner London salary with an excellent TLR.
• You will have the opportunity to shape and motivate a team of teachers.
• You will drive forward the attainment and progress of your subject.
Please apply ASAP as an early start in June/July may be available.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.