As a Graduate Year leader in an Outstanding Secondary School this will be the ideal first step into working in a school. You would be working in an Ofsted "Outstanding" Secondary School in North West London. You would have the responsibility for the pastoral and academic progression or a whole year group.
This Outstanding Secondary School located in North West London is looking for a Head of Year who will be able to join their strong Pastoral Team.
The role is Head of Year and would suit a recent strong graduate looking to work in Secondary Schools or someone with a few years' experience in a similar role.
This is a fixed term contract for a year in the first instance but may lead to a permanent role in September 2022.
The school is looking for a driven and caring individual with a strong academic background who can motivate and act as a role model to students. The Head of Year position involves coordinating students, tracking progress and delivering guidance to a whole year group Working in a team is vital as you will be working in close partnership with other heads of year. You must be degree educated and available to start in September. The current post holder is leaving to start additional studies which is encouraged. The school do however need someone who can commit for an academic year.
The school have asked for the ideal individual to be;
• Degree Educated within the last 4 years from a Russell Group University.
• Passionate about Education and working with students in every Secondary School year.
• Be thinking about working as a teacher in 2022 or continuing to work in schools.
• Be an excellent communicator and be able to deliver prepared material to groups of students.
• Be available to interview ASAP online.
Why this school?
• The school is a large, outstanding High achieving school where achievement is at the highest level.
• Pupil attainment is amongst the highest in London and the School is one of the top non-selective school in London.
• Staff are supported with regular training.
• There is the opportunity to train to teach at the school in 2022 if you desire.
If you feel you have the attributes and skills for this role then please apply ASAP. In return the school will offer a great working environment, a strong starting salary and excellent opportunities for progression.
Why Apply through Horizon Teachers?
• We will be able to support you through the whole application, interview and offer for this role.
• We provide continued support when you are in role.
• We have excellent relationships with the school and can offer you advice as to how to secure the role.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.