Student Support Assistant
ASAP Start - November 2019
Pay - Experience related - £60 - £80 per day initially
Temporary role initially, possible Permanent role in the future
Ofsted "Outstanding" Secondary School
Would you like to work in a Outstanding Secondary School in a Pastoral role?
Are you a recent graduate with the drive and determination to work in a school setting?
Would you like to enrich the lives of pupils in a secondary school?
If you can answer yes to any these questions then Horizon Teachers has the ideal role for you.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and hard working individual to work as a Student Support Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding inner London School. The role is not in class support and would allow you to work with pupils out of the classroom in a pastoral capacity.
The Role of Student Support Assistant will involve;
• Working with pupils across all year groups.
• Supporting the staff at the school with pupil behaviour outside of the lessons.
• Ensuring pupils are in lessons and challenging pupils who are out of lessons.
• Re-directing pupils to lessons
• Supporting teachers in lessons with learning.
• Supervising pupils at break and lunch time.
The school is an Outstanding mixed Secondary school located in central Tower Hamlets, Easily accessible by Public transport the school has a great reputation in the local area and links to some of the best Universities in London. This ensures staff have access to the highest levels of training and work in a calm modern building designed to enhance the learning of students. This role could also give the opportunity to train to teach at the school through their Schools Direct programme. The school look to invest in staff and will provide weekly training.
The school are looking for applicants from individuals who have;
• A degree
• A passion for education the desire to pass this on to others.
• Experience as a tutor or within a school setting (desirable but not essential)
• Can commit to a role if appointed
When working in this role you can expect;
• Excellent in job training - Once a week from the school
• A passionate and enthusiastic working team
• A full time position, temporary to start with but with the opportunity for a permanent role.
Please apply ASAP as the school wish to trial as soon as applications are accepted.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.