Easter 2018 Start
£26,662 - £37,645
Are you currently looking for a new and exciting challenge for 2018?
Looking for a way to make a difference both to your own life and other peoples? Do you have a vision of enhancing children’s education? Well you’ve clicked on the right job ad!
How about working for a secondary school rated as “GOOD” on their latest Ofsted report, How about your place of work being less than a 15 minute walk from a main underground station as well as the local shops and restaurants?
My client is looking for an experienced highly motivated and talented Teacher of English to join their team who have already achieved outstanding English results this year which were well about the national average.
Noted by Ofsted ‘The majority of students make good progress throughout the school and achievement in English is particularly strong. Levels in attainment have been rising steadily, Outstanding systems for safeguarding and a deep commitment from staff mean that students are very well catered for and are kept extremely safe, This care and support have created a harmonious and inclusive school community.’
This role requires someone who is passionate about children’s learning as well as inspiring learners to appreciate the subject and its application, someone who can display leadership qualities as well as good communication, planning and organisational skills.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include;
• To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensures good learning takes place and pupils make superior progress
• To Provide a nurturing classroom and create a positive environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
• To help maintain/ establish discipline across the whole school.
• To be a positive role model for all students
• Attending English department meetings
• Following instructions as directed by head of department
• To keep informed of curricular developments in English
To be successful for this fantastic job opportunity then you must have the following Qualifications and experience;
• Qualified to degree level or professional equivalent
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK (QTS)
• Evidence of improved practice following feedback
• Evidence of raising attainment in the subject
The salary for this great opportunity is set at MPS (1-6), with the start date set as April 2018.
If this all sounds of interest to yourself then please contact Daryl at Horizon Teachers.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon