Art Teacher - Maternity cover
Start Date: January 2020
Full time - 5 days a week
Area: Inner East London
Age range: Key Stage 3 to 4
Type: mIxed Inner London Secondary School
Salary: Initial starting rate between £145 and £200 per day
• Do you want to work at a small school with a lovely campus and close knit school community?
• Are you a creative and Passionate Art teacher looking for a new role?
• Have you taught Art up to GCSE level and have you had recent (minimum of a year) experience of doing this?
This Ofsted 2 Good' school wants you to join their Art department and teach Art to pupils of all age and ability.
The school are looking for someone who;
- is passionate about Art with the ability to inspire students
- can demonstrate excellent teaching and classroom management skills
- has the ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
- has a commitment to developing curriculum activities within the Expressive Arts Faculty
- can promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of the work in the school
As an Art Teacher at the school you will be part of this creative, passionate and high achieving department. Classrooms are well equipped and provide an environment where pupils can create and produce some outstanding work. The department are supported by a dedicated technician allowing lessons to be creative and offer a diverse range of techniques for the pupils to experience.
Within Art results are amongst the best in the school and the Head of department has built a very strong department of teachers. You will be teaching pupils who are willing to learn and focused to achieve. The school has a community feel and has turned around in the last few years, You will also get to undertake pastoral roles as a form tutor.
The school are looking for an Art Teacher to join and cover a period of Maternity. This role would suit an experienced Art teacher or a newly qualified teacher. The role is to start in Janueary 2020.
The school will be happy to consider teachers who are experienced of strong NQT's. There may be a position of responsibility available for strong teachers.
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or be overseas trained.
- Strong behaviour management
- PGCE in Art or another subject and experience teaching Art.
- Experience teaching Art to KS3 and GCSE Level
- Experience in a secondary school within the last two years
- Excellent subject knowledge and passion for Art
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure or Overseas Police Clearances
- Proven experience in collaborating with colleagues
- Happy to work via agency with options of permanency to be discussed at a later date.
Interviews will be conducted as soon as CVs are received.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.