NQT`s encouraged to apply
Ofsted Good School
Inner London Allowance
January 2020 start or sooner
Horizon Teachers are working with a great inner London Secondary school who wish to appoint an inspiring, ambitious and highly motivated Newly Qualified Science Teacher with a real passion for teaching and learning. The successful Science NQT will be joining a successful inner London Secondary School and work in a great Science department from January 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a teaching role in a school that has made rapid improvements over the last three years and confidently expects to continue to do so. The school has a drive where aspiration equality excellence' is at the heart of everything they do. Inclusion and equality are very important to the school.
The Head of Science is looking to appoint a dynamic and creative NQT for the department. Within the team the successful teacher will be responsible for teaching Science at KS3 and 4, there will also be the opportunity to teach some KS5 lessons.
The department consists of over 10 highly skilled Science teachers, results at the school are good and the department are pleased to report that the results this year will be amongst the best in recent years.
A role at this School offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real change to the lives and outcomes of young people. The School understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. The ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, the school offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of staff. These include, but are not limited to:
• A highly effective CPL programme, including dedicated weekly training sessions and opportunities for external training (e.g. NPQML and NPQSL)
• Early paid start from July for NQTs.
• Free parking
• Free yoga classes
• Free breakfast, tea and coffee daily
• Staff wellbeing programme, including in-house counselling
• A strong, supportive teaching culture
• Embedded strategies for improving the work-life balance for staff, including our marking policy
• Exciting development and teaching opportunities with our partners in City of London and Canary Wharf.
The school is located in a historic location on the River Thames provides endless prospects for our members of staff:
• A diverse and vibrant borough 15 minutes from the centre of London.
• Excellent public transport links including DLR, tube, and bus
• Closely located to a hub of entertainment: Westfield Stratford, the Royal Naval College, the O2 arena, Greenwich and lush, green parks.
• A diverse range of lively restaurants and pubs dotted throughout the area.
The school wish to appoint ASAP for a January start.
Please apply ASAP with an up to date CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.