A special school based in Wandsworth London for children aged 4 -16 with complex social, communication and interaction difficulties are seeking an SEND Teacher to join them from April. This post is open to NQTs.
The school is situated in a brand new multi-million pound building designed and built with the needs of the young people with complex needs very much in mind. The highly skilled and experienced staff team provides a very high standard of education and care to cater for each individual.
As staff member of the school you can expect:
• A wide range of therapists who provide support for pupils and expert guidance for staff including speech and language, occupational, art, music, play therapy and psychotherapeutic counselling
• Expert advice to the school, staff and parents providing expert advice on a range of issues such as behaviour and learning
• Small class sizes with a high level of TA/Support Staff
• A very supportive Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
• Induction for Newly Qualified Teachers
There is a welcoming, calm and purposeful atmosphere within the school where academic and personal achievement are celebrated in a variety of ways. Pupils have opportunities to develop positive, responsible and caring attitudes alongside personal, social and learning skills. Continuous professional development will be encouraged and supported and there is a very good induction package available for suitable Newly Qualified Teachers.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold QTS (or equivalent qualifications to teach)
• Enjoy the challenge of working with young people within a SEND environment
• Work well within a team and be supportive to colleagues
• Have a DBS (we can support with your application)
If you feel this the right opportunity for you and you meet the above criteria, please send your CV or call 0207 444 0009 and ask for the SEND Team for an immediate interview and a possibility of a paid trial day and/or meeting with the school!
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found