Position: Humanities Teacher
Start Date: January 2020
Area: Havering, London
Age range: Key Stage 3
Type: 11-19 rated Good by Ofsted
Salary: £140- £250 per day/MPS/UPS ( TLR if applicable)
Contract Type: Long-term
Horizon Teacher are looking for an enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher of Humanities to join an oversubscribed and popular school. The role is to teach predominantly History, however an ability to teach Geography/RE as a second subject would be an asset. Examination results are very high and the school has an excellent reputation. The school is committed to maintaining a broad curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular activity. The school underwent a very successful OFSTED inspection in 2016, which has praised the high achievement, good behaviour and good teaching that characterise the school. The successful candidate will initially be required to teach Key Stage 3 with the opportunity to develop this into GCSE and A level teaching depending upon experience and qualifications. The school has a national reputation for sport. Music and other extra-curricular activities are a strength.
You'll be joining a team with a number of experienced teachers who will support your development. This makes this role ideal for an NQT or Teacher in the first few years of their career. Equally, it would also be a great opportunity for someone with more experience under their belt to progress further amongst some talented colleagues. Help with accommodation may be available as the school is currently developing on-site provision for teachers new to the profession.
We are looking for the following Humanities Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• A team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialists
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To find out more about this role, please apply ASAP with an up to date CV or call James on 0207 444 0009. The school would like to interview successful applicants immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found