As a teaching assistant, your work will have far-reaching effects as you will not only be making a difference to the lives of students, but to the school itself and its surrounding community.
Training as a teaching assistant opens many avenues for career progression within the education sector.
No two days are the same for a teaching assistant. Some days you could be assisting with lesson preparation, whilst others are spent providing 1:1 support to a child with specific needs.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We always look to pay you the highest possible rate
• You choose to be paid via a payroll company or directly by Horizon
• You can choose whichever payroll company suits you
• If you choose a payroll company then we will uplift your pay to guarantee you are better off
• After 12 weeks we will pay you the permanent equivalent for the job
• For Teaching Assistants, we e offer free CPD Certified Behaviour Management & Safeguarding Training Sessions
• Please look at our reviews to see from others what it is like to work with us (Google.com/horizonteachers)
• We have been helping teachers/TAs find work since 2008
• In our team we have collective experience of working with schools for over 80 years!
The school is an outstanding school for young people with learning and additional needs, from 4-16 years of age. Set in extensive grounds, the environment offers students the opportunity to explore and challenge the potential of learners in every aspect. The curriculum has a strong focus on core learning skills and communication. We aim to develop resilience, creativity and social skills in order to support young people to succeed in the workplace and live rewarding, independent lives.
Learning Support Assistants Responsibilities:
·Supporting a mixed class of students 12- 14 year olds who have Autism and Down syndrome
·Being proactive in the class to ensure your learning support is tailored to each child's individual need
·Carrying out Behaviour management in line with the schools policies and procedures
·Acting as a role model and being a patient individual
·Supporting the progress of all students as a group or on a 1-2-1 basis
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.