Start Date: January 2019
11-16 mixed academy
Essex (outer London)
Are you a Teacher of Science who....
• Has the highest aspirations for all of the students you teach?
• Is looking for a new position with departmental responsibility?
• Believes all students can be outstanding and progress above expectations?
• Champions the importance of education in shaping the future of young people?
• Wants to embark on an exciting professional journey in a rapidly improving academy?
• Is looking for a Position with responsibility to further your career?
If so, Horizon Teachers is working with a great community based secondary 11-16 Academy in Essex who want to appoint a dedicated Science Teacher to take on a teaching position in the Science department. The school has a vision of Believe and Achieve' this underpins all aspects of the academy life in their impressive, well-resourced buildings and grounds. As a Teacher of Science you will join a caring and committed body of staff and enjoy working with friendly and enthusiastic students of whom the school are extremely proud.
As one of the Science teachers at the school you will be responsible for teaching Science to KS3 and 4 pupils. As directed by the passionate Head of department, you will teach mixed ability lessons and be teaching across all 3 Science areas. You will be teaching all abilities and have a positive impact on outcomes for the students, ensuring aspirations become reality. The Academy having received a Good judgement in 2017, is now on the journey to Outstanding by 2020.
As a Teacher of Science at heart working at the academy you will join a great Science department. You will be responsible for teaching Science at KS3 as well as teaching GCSE Science. You will be able to support the head of department and lead on different aspects in the Science department. The ability to teach Science to KS5 would be looked upon favourably but is not essential. This Teacher of Science position provides a great opportunity for a recently qualified Science teacher or experienced teacher to join an expanding and vibrant Science department. This is a Permanent position but for an outstanding Teacher there may be the opportunity to progress into a position of responsibility in the future. The school wish to appoint for a January start. The academy provides excellent opportunities for those candidates wishing to progress their career.
To be considered for this opportunity you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.
• Be able to and have a proven record of teaching Outstanding Science lessons to KS3 and 4 pupils.
• Be able enthuse and motivate pupils in all aspects of Science.
• Have a proven track record of excellence and outstanding teaching.
• Possess outstanding subject knowledge and passion for Science
• Commit to furthering your own professional development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy
Please apply with an up to date CV and details of professional references who can be contacted.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.