RE, Sociology and Psychology is an extremely popular and oversubscribed option at this large mixed Inner London Secondary School.
Horizon Teachers are working through the Pandemic and assistant a thriving secondary school who are looking to appoint a Head of RE and Social Science for September 2020. Located in Greenwich, South East London you will be joining as the Head of RE and Social Sciences to work full time. As Head of Department you will be leading a small yet vital Social Science department as well as teaching Sociology and Psychology to KS4 and 5 pupils, you will also teach KS4 RE in this post.
What is on offer to the successful Head of Department?
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team.
• Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time t suit such responsibility.
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Why this school?
Located in South East London the school has excellent links to central and outer London. The school is in a transition phase and would give an ambitious teacher the ideal opportunity to progress. This Head of department role would suit an experienced Head of Department or an experience teacher looking for progression.
The Head Teacher is looking for a passionate and experienced Head of department to lead the RE and Social Science department. The school would like a teacher who is looking to establish themselves in the school and drive the department forward. This is a full time position and includes teaching at KS4 and KS5.
If you have experience of raising attainment and working in a high achieving and successful environment please apply immediately.
The school is looking to appoint for this position ASAP via Video interview or in person with maintained social distance procedures in place. Support teachers at the school is extensive, training is given throughout the year and the CPD programme is well established.
Please apply to this position immediately with an up to date CV and details of professional referees.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.