Are you a talented MFL teacher looking to take the next step in your career?
Or are you an experienced Head of MFL, looking to enrich your career by working in an Outstanding school?
Horizon Teachers are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Head of MFL (French/Spanish specialist) to join an innovative and driven academy in Redbridge, in September 2018.
This academy was recently shortlisted for the TES Awards, for Secondary School of the Year 2018, and was graded Outstanding' by Ofsted in its first ever inspection. There are high expectations, a dedication to learning and a strong community spirit which influence every aspect of the school.
Providing a high quality education for pupils aged 4-18 years, the school boasts a purpose built building, with 10 fully equipped laboratories, a full size sports hall & MUGA and a suite of well-designed technology rooms, to name but a few of the facilities available. With the opening of the Sixth Form in September 2017, the school is able to offer ongoing provision for its pupils, as well as those who wish to join.
What will this role involve?
• Teaching Spanish/ French up to KS5
• Leading the development of a MFL curriculum that spans Year 7 to Year 13
• Line management of staff within the subject area; Spanish and French specialists
• Supporting and developing staff, including mentoring, coaching and providing CPD opportunities
• Opportunity to shape provision of languages in both the Primary and Post-16 phases
What skills and qualities do you need to be successful in this role?
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status
• Be well qualified; hold a Degree in a relevant subject specialism
• A drive to improve student outcomes
• Strong leadership skills; you are adaptable, driven, hard working
• You are passionate and able to work well under pressure
What other benefits does this role offer?
• Supportive Senior Management Team, who prioritise professional learning & development
• Comprehensive CPD provision, including leadership training
• Support from the Schools network, offering a wide basis of subject and pedagogical knowledge
If you want the opportunity to shape a high achieving Department in an excellent school, contact Daryl on the Secondary Team today on 0207 444 0009 or click to apply.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.