£29,915 - £45,766 per annum
A passion for English and a desire to teach is what this Outstanding Secondary School are looking for in their new Teacher of English.
Horizon Teachers is currently working with an Outstanding Secondary School in North East London who are looking to appoint an English Teacher for September 2021. The school are able to support an NQT so this could be the perfect opportunity for you if you are completing your teacher training now.
The school wish to appoint a full-time teacher of English to teach across KS3 and KS4. The school follow the AQA English syllabus at GCSE and at A-level. This is an excellent opportunity of an Experienced English Teacher or someone completing their teacher training.
You will be joining an English department where excellence is seen in every lesson and where progress is made every day. English classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards. The English department achieves outstanding results at all Key Stages. There is opportunity to teach at KS5 if you as the successful applicant have experience.
Why this school?
• A large comprehensive school situated in the London Borough of Redbridge.
• Ofsted have ranked the school as outstanding' on 5 consecutive occasions and they have a reputation for excellence in all areas.
• The highest standards relating to Teaching and Learning are a feature of daily life.
• Outstanding student progress and attainment. In 2019 Progress 8 was 0.51 (well above' the national average) and the average Attainment 8 score for all students is 5.87
• The percentage of students at 4 in both English and Mathematics is 86%
• The percentage of students achieving 5 9-7 grades is 34%
• Percentage of students achieving 5 9-4 grades is 85%
• 8% of all grades at GCSE Level were the top grade 9
The School are seeking an English Teacher who is enthusiastic and has the ability to teach English across all of the Key Stages. The successful English Teacher must be passionate about English and have excellent subject knowledge. Being ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning is also very important.
An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development is essential.
What The School can offer the successful candidate?
• A strong commitment to your professional development and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to work with a forward-thinking Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
• Generous Non-contact time and Planning, Preparation and Assessment time (PPA).
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
Please applty ASAP for this permanent role. The school will be conducting interviews ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.