Position: Head of Design and Technology Teacher
Start Date: April 2020 or September 2020
Age range: Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
Type: Mixed 11-18
Salary: Outer London - MPS/UPS TLR
Contract Type: Permanent
Horizon Teachers are looking to recruit a permanent Head of Design and Technology teacher for a secondary school in Bexley. We are looking for an existing Head of Department or an ambitious Design and Technology teacher that has taught up to at least GCSE. The post is to start in April or September 2020 depending on availability. A Resistant Materials specialist is desirable but not a essential.
We are working with a large, thriving and forward-thinking mixed comprehensive school in South East London. Design and Technology is a well taught subject in the school and a popular choice at GCSE. The department has modern, state-of-the-art facilities. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a strong department of specialists
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• Competitive salary
• An honest and open working relationship with a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
We are looking for the following Head of Design and Technology Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained.
• PGCE in Design and Technology or degree level equivalent
• Extensive experience teaching KS3 and KS4
• Experience in a secondary school within the last three years
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Leadership qualities
• Resistant materials specialist (desirable)
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found