Position: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Various short-term and long-term
Are you an aspiring teacher that has recently graduated? Do you want to build your experience in secondary education?
Horizon Teachers are looking to recruit enthusiastic recent graduates for secondary schools in Merton. The schools we are recruiting for currently have a variety of different full-time positions and are offering ASAP start dates. As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, your key responsibility will be to provide learning support to students with additional and special needs, both inside and outside of the classroom. We are looking for graduates who are pro-active and enjoy working with children.
We have specialised in placing Graduate Teaching Assistants into secondary schools for over 10 years. The role is ideal for building in school experience, while also learning and receiving training from other members of staff. If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE/teacher training applications.
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a degree (minimum 2:2)
• Has strong oral and written communication skills.
• Is enthusiastic, positive and works with a pro-active can-do' attitude
• Has experience of working with children (in a school, tutoring, mentoring etc.)
• Enjoys working with children
The benefits of working with Horizon Teachers:
• Competitive pay rates
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible. The schools are looking to short-list and interview immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.