Position: Graduate Teaching Assistant - Psychology Graduate
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £70-95 per day
Contract Type: Long-term
Are you a recent graduate that enjoys working with children with special needs?
We are looking for an ambitious recent graduate that enjoys working with children with special needs to join a popular Secondary school in Lambeth as a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistant. The position is to start immediately for the next academic year. The role is provide learning support to students with ASD in and outside of class.
The school has a vibrant learning community, modern facilities as well an enjoyable environment to work in. Support and training will be offered by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff. The students in the school are polite, courteous and achieve well.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your teacher training applications. Many of our schools offer direct teaching training programmes for those that are interested and suitable. This is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a degree (ideally a 2:1 or above)
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoys working with children with special needs
A range of benefits are on offer:
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
Please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. The school would like to interview successful applicants immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.