Graduate Teaching Assistant - Croydon
£70-95 per day
To start in October
Are you a recent graduate that aspires to train to teach in the near future?
An outstanding and popular Secondary school in Croydon are seeking an ambitious recent graduate to join them as a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistant from October. As a Graduate Teaching Assistant you will support students 1:1 in class and also support outside of class to small groups of students. The school are ideally seeking a graduate that is enthusiastic and pro-active, but most of all, someone that enjoys working with teenagers.
The school has an outstanding learning environment and a strong reputation in the local community for academic excellence. It is an enjoyable environment to work and learn in for both students and staff. Training will be provided by experienced, welcoming and encouraging staff.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE and teacher training applications. The school also offers direct teaching training programmes for those that express an interest and are suitable. This is a perfect opportunity for a recent graduate to start their career in education.
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant that:
• Has a 2:1 degree (in Maths, English or Science is desirable)
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoys working with young people
A range of benefits are on offer when you work with Horizon Teachers:
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
If you are looking to gain classroom experience with aspirations to teach then please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. If your application is successful we will contact you immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.