Graduate Teaching Assistant - Maths graduate
£70-95 per day
To start in September
Have you recently graduated with a Maths degree and looking for the perfect way to launch your career in education?
A modern, forward thinking Secondary school in Greenwich are seeking an enthusiastic Maths graduate to join as a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistant. The position is to start in September for the next academic year. The role is to provide support within the Maths department to students 121 and in small focus groups. You will also be working closely with teachers and staff in the delivery of learning support plans. A high level of training and support will be offered by experienced, welcoming and supportive members of staff.
The school is a large mixed comprehensive school for pupils aged 11-19 with modern buildings and facilities. It has a happy inclusive community characterised by positive peer pressure. The schools character values, which help develop character for learning as well as personal development are fairness, honesty, kindness, respect and optimism. They aim to find creative solutions to problems. The students are polite, courteous and achieve well. There are excellent public transport links to the school with a train station a short walk away. This is an amazing opportunity for a behaviour specialist.
If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE application. Many of our former Graduate Teaching Assistants are now Maths teachers. A Graduate Teaching Assistant role is ideal for those looking to gain or expand on their classroom experience. It is the perfect way to begin your career in education.
A range of benefits are on offer:
• Top pay rates of £70-95 per day
• Comprehensive induction programmes at our central London office
• Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
• A high-level of support and training
• Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
• A team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice for successful referrals
• The perfect way to launch your career in education
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a Maths degree or similar (a 2:1 is desirable)
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Is adaptable and flexible
• Is able to develop positive relationships with students
• Enjoys working with young people
Please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. The school would like to interview successful applicants immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.