Graduate Teaching Assistant - Computing/ICT Graduate
• Secondary school
• To start in September 2019
•£60-95 per day
Have you recently graduated from University?
Are looking to gain valuable in school experience before embarking on a teaching career?
Do you want to learn from the best teachers in London?
If so, we are currently seeking an ambitious Computing/ICT graduate to join an outstanding Secondary School in Lambeth in September. As a Graduate Teaching Assistant you will be supporting students on a 1:1 basis and in small groups whilst also supporting teaching staff. The role will be specific to working in the Computing/ICT Department and is ideal for those that aspire to teach in the near future. You will be offered a high level of training and support by experienced, welcoming staff in the department. If you're thinking of a career in teaching, the school will offer a complete academic years' work that will support your PGCE application. The school also offers a direct teaching training programme for those that express an interest. A Graduate Teaching Assistant role will provide you with a valuable insight into the life of a teacher as well classroom experience.
We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a Computing/ICT degree (ideally a 2:1)
• Has a proactive, enthusiastic and positive can do' attitude
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enjoys working with young people
• Is adaptable and flexible
A range of benefits are on offer:
• Competitive pay rates, with increases after as little 12 weeks
• Comprehensive induction programmes
• Development opportunities
• A high-level of support and training
• Options to work in different schools
• Teacher training opportunities
If you are looking to gain classroom experience with aspirations to teach then please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. If your application is successful we will contact you immediately.
Why Horizon Teachers?
• We have specialised in successfully placing Teaching Assistants into Secondary Schools across London and the South East for over 10 years.
• We offer training and safeguarding workshops
• We have a team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• We offer up to £200 in vouchers if you refer a friend or colleague
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.