Position: Geography Teacher
Start Date: January 2020
Age range: Key Stage 3 and 4
Type: Mixed 11-16
Salary: £140- £230 per day
Contract Type: Long-term to permanent
Are you an inspirational classroom practitioner looking to join a thriving secondary school in Greenwich?
Horizon Teachers are looking for a dynamic qualified Geography Teacher to join a secondary school in Greenwich in April 2020 or ASAP. The successful candidate should be an experienced teacher with QTS or an NQT who is confident in teaching Geography at Key Stages 3 and 4.
This school we are working in partnership with is a heavily oversubscribed small 11-16 located in inner South East London. Exceptional professional development opportunities exist within the school. Geography is highly valued and taught throughout the curriculum each week from Year 7-9. In Year 9 pupils will select their GCSE option subjects and Geography is a popular choice. First-class Geography classrooms which afford beautiful views across London offer the ideal environment for our GCSE Geography students to thrive and fulfil their potential. Currently, approximately 60% of students select GCSE Geography as an option subject at GCSE level.
The department-specific Progress 8 score has been positive for the last two years with many students going on to achieve the top grade 7-9 category. Field trips and excursions form a central part of the Geography curriculum. The school has excellent public transport links a short walk away.
We are looking for the following Geography Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3 and KS4 Geography
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• Competitive pay rates
• An open and honest working relationship with a team of friendly, caring and knowledgeable consultants (Please look at our Google reviews)
• Excellent CPD and opportunities for progression
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To find out more about this role, please apply as soon as possible with an up to date CV. The school are looking to interview immediately.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.
No jobs found