Early Years Teaching Assistant
* Reception class TA
* Mainstream Primary school
* Full time 5 days a week, 8.30am-4.00pm
* School term time only
An inclusive and diverse Primary School based in Hackney are seeking an enthusiastic and personable Teaching Assistant to join their team asap.
This will be in their Foundation phase, in their Reception class.
Due to an additional intake of children this additional role has become available.
As a teaching assistant you will be an integral part in the ongoing development of the children.
You will have responsibilities in the classroom and the playground, including; supporting the class teacher, managing behaviour and expectations, leading intervention groups, providing support to children on an individual and small group basis and promote the schools ethos and continued success.
• Previous experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or Nursery Nurse would be an advantage although not essential
• Ideally have a relevant childcare qualification (NVQ 2/3, NNEB equivalent or a degree in childcare or education.
• A calm, kind and dedicated approach to supporting children in the classroom
• Have an understanding of how children learn and a desire to work with children
• A real passion for early years learning and keen to join an excellent EYFS team.
About the school:
• A two form entry school in Hackney- Part of a federation of schools able to offer excellent career prospects
• Serving a multicultural, diverse community
• The school offer an excellent range of extracurricular and enrichment activities and encourage all staff and children to take part.
• Well resourced and committed to raising standards for all pupils
If you are interested in finding out more about this role- contact us now with your CV
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.