Exam InvigilatorsLambeth£9.20 - £10.75 per HourApril 2020 Start
Are you an experienced exam invigilator looking for flexible work, or perhaps a recent graduate who is looking for flexible working days?
Horizon Teachers is currently working with a well-known secondary school in the borough of Lambeth who are looking for additional support during the busy exam period.
The role of an exam invigilator may require you to provide one-to-one or small group based assistance, this will include providing written support from the pupil's dictation only, or verbal dictation of examination questions or pupils written answers only.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of secondary level education exams, distributing and collecting papers, escorting pupils if required and ensuring that pupils are adhering to the examination standard guidelines at all times.To be successful in your application you will have the following;
Your daily duties will consist of the following;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail
- Available in March/ April and June
- Experience of working in a school (Desired)
- Positive can do attitude
- Up to date DBS on update service (or be willing to apply for one)
- Maintaining a calm exam environment
- Ensuring the examination is conducted according to guidelines set out by JCQ
- Reporting on any unexpected events during the course of an examination
- invigilating external examinations according to an agreed timetable
- Reporting to the examination office 30 minutes before the exam is due to start
- Marking against registers as required
- Checking exam desks for graffiti and removing where possible, any unused exam papers and answer booklets must be returned to the exams manager
- Liaising with the examinations manager
- Placing pupils' work in examination number order, checking against the attendance register and handing to the exams manager.
This opportunity is for people who have flexible availability to cover exams as needed.
If this sounds of interest to yourself and you can see yourself making a positive difference then please apply with an updated copy of your CV.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.