Position: English Teacher
Start Date: April 2020 or sooner
School: 11-18 Comprehensive
Salary: £140-240 per day
Contract Type: Long-term to permanent
Are you an inspirational English teacher looking to joining a progressive school in Greenwich?
Horizon Teachers are looking to recruit a well-qualified, motivated and creative English teacher for a forwarding thinking secondary school in Greenwich. We are looking for an English teacher that has taught English KS3-4 in the UK. The post is to start in April or sooner until the end of the academic year initially, with a view to offering a permanent position before the summer.
The school is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person. The English Department offers English Language and English Literature, and is one of the most consistently successful departments in the school. You will joining an innovative and committed department, proud of its professional work and the progress of its students. The school offers state-of-the-art facilities having moved into a new building recently.
We are looking for the following English Teacher:
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained with a relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience teaching KS3-4 English in the UK
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Proven track record of raising attainment and keeping standards high
• A passion in delivering lessons in innovative ways
• Someone of energy, good humour and commitment
A range of benefits are on offer, including:
• Competitive pay rates
• A team of dedicated consultants who offer support, guidance and consultative advice (Please look at our Google reviews!).
• Excellent CPD
• Comprehensive induction programmes with support and mentoring
• A forward-thinking learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
• A safe, inclusive learning community where staff and students thrive
• Up to £200 in vouchers of your choice if you refer a friend or colleague.
To apply and find out more about this role, please submit an up to date CV as soon as possible.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.